This is SO random….are you surprised? No!! Obscenely TOO long!! Don’t even read this one!!

Ya know today was one of those days where I just wanted an evening to veg…or vedge! (How do you spell that anyway!!?? You know what I meant…) I was supposed to go see some friends of mine, but I just had so much on my plate for today, I just had to cancel! SO, I got most of what I needed to do, done, so I’m sitting here relaxing on my bed, sipping Chamomile tea & watching TNT! And what happens to be on? You’ve Got Mail! Now, I’m not one for romance movies, but this one, I have to admit…I love!! And I am SOOOO Meg Ryan….well….Kathleen Kelly’s character! (But at least I know it!!) I have a “typewriter” friend…one that’s been in my life for years…life imitating art…hmmmmm…. Moving on…I’m at the “you are nothing but a suit” speech!! In my opinion it really is a smart romance movie! Like, as the movie mentions and alludes to life imitating art AND my favorite classic book, Pride & Prejudice, it’s smartly done! (Abigail….HUSH!!!)


 


RANDOM LINE: “…a hotdog is singing…you need quiet when a hotdog is singing!?” This is a GREAT scene….“YOU forgive ME???” Life imitating ART!!! I’ve SOOO had this conversation!! And one of the best estrogen lines of the movie: “There is the dream of someone else….” And yeah, chic at the closing, I loved Anne Shirley too….Anne with an “e.” Which is probably why I like red-heads….also because of my sister! J


 


More great lines:


“People are always telling you that change is a good thing, but all they’re really saying is that something you didn’t want to happen at all…has happened!…the truth is, I’m heart broken. I feel as if a part of me had died…and no one could ever make it right.”


 


…and yes a baby Gap IS depressing!


 


I swear I’ve seen this movie a zillions times!! And I should mention that the soundtrack is GREAT!!!


 


What do Martini’s taste like?…never mind, I don’t wanna know….watching the movie as I type…obviously!


 


Other GREAT Lines:


Papa Fox: “I just have to meet someone new that’s all…that’s the easy part.”


Little Fox: “Oh yeah, right! A snap to find the one single person in the world who fills your heart with joy.”


(fade in to MUSIC: Signed, Sealed, Delivered!!) One of the BEST, MOST AWESOME songs in the universe!! Stevie, you ROCK!!!!


Papa Fox: “….have YOU??”


(…here I am, Signed, sealed, delivered, I’m yours!!)


 


hmmm….he has a big nose in the door-lookey-outtie-thingy!! J HA!!!


 


and daisies ARE the friendliest flower!!


 


Another LINE moment!! I say this one all of the time!!!


Fox: “It wasn’t personal!”


KK: “What…what is that supposed to mean? I am so sick of that!! All that means is that it wasn’t personal to you! But it was personal to me. It was personal for a lot of people! I mean what is so wrong with being personal anyway?….my head is starting to get fuzzy…”


Another GREAT scene!!! Not experienced that one…at least not that I’ve realized…and NO internet dating! ARG!!! I do remember when they were powerful words to me though….“you’ve got mail.”


 


Another GREAT line:


KK: “I’ve been thinking about this…and I think we should meet!”


Fox: “We should meet, & we will meet….but I’m in the middle of a project that needs…tweaking.”


(this one just makes me giggle!! “Tweaking!!” HA!!! I now love that word!!!)


 


152….HA! Great scene! The WHOLE scene is AWESOME!! HA!!! “…is she a pilot???”


 


You know, the classic film that this film was taken from is good too!!


 


And the BEST scene?? From the “He’s primed you!”


Fox: “Ya know, sometimes I wonder.”


KK: “What?”


Fox: “Well…if I hadn’t been Fox books and you hadn’t been the “Shop Around the Corner,” & you and I had just met…”


KK: “I know,”


Fox: “Yeah, yeah, I would have asked for you number. And I wouldn’t have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, yeah how ‘bout…..oh, how ‘bout some coffee or, you know, drinks or dinner…or a movie….for as long as we both shall live.”


KK: “………………Joe….”
Fox: “and you and I would have never been at war….and the only thing we’d fight about would be which video to rent on a Saturday night.”


KK: “…well who fights about that?”


Fox: “well, some people….not us….”


KK: “we would never…”


Fox: “if only…”


KK: “….hmm…I gotta go!”


Fox: “…well let me ask you something…how can you forgive this guy for standing you up, and not forgive me for this tiny little thing….of putting you out of business….oh how I wish you would.”


KK: “I really have to go!”


Fox: “Yeah, well, you don’t wanna be late.”


 


Why does she wear so much grey at the end of the movie??


And the BEST line!! (while playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow!)


KK: “I wanted it to be you, I wanted it to be you so badly!”


 


I struggled over the grammar of that sentence forever and a day!! I am SUCH a boring person!! :P


 


It was an AWESOME cast too!!! Great acting! In my opinion!! Real, but real good! J


 


A RANDOM not-about-the-movie remark: My left thumb is…trembling. It doesn’t really hurt, but it’s a muscle thing I think…it started this morning when I woke up and is still trembling! Am I typing too much?? Hmmmmm…..


 


Oh and one more line…from the beginning…on why Fox Books is gonna “get ‘em in the end…”


Fox: “…because we’re gonna sell them cheap books and legal addictive stimulants….”


HAR! HAR!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sorry. I dont seem to listen well because i was compelled to read a blog that told me not to. I must also confess that i'm very much a Joe Foxx character. I must also admit that this is my favorite movie...thats kind of weird to say because I'm a guy, i know, but i'm so tired of guys not being able to like a good movie like this one!
Anonymous said…
awe...thanks Matthew I'm so proud of you for admiting that you like a "chick" flic!! And I think Joe was AWESOME!! I SO wanted her to be with him instead of Mr. Typewriter man!! :) What seems perfect usually never is....there's only one that comes to mind!!! :)
This is really good news today….
Boyd Bulin said…
Hi friend , This is excellent posting for my homework from university Do u have twitter account ?? i want to follow your twitt . bye

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy