LDS and Nick Lachey

The MLP/LDS gig went really well!! We all had loads of fun!! I was surrounded by awesomely talented people!! Steve, Ross, Afton, Phil & Caryn, Peg & Penny, John, the magician (how’d you DO that…I’m SO keeping my card!!)…AH!...who did I miss? Mike, Sarah and Afton’s husband!!! (I’m sorry I forgot your name!! Shame on me!) Wow, President Merril, I was honored to be apart! Learning a dance number in 10 hours was a little harrowing, but fun!! “There’s No Business Like…..” And Afton, I’m SO glad that you got better! You are AWESOME!! And Phil & Caryn thank you for becoming mySpace friends!! You guys are amazing!! The Telephone Aria was ROCKIN’!!! Yeah!!! A, P&P you guys also rocked on the “Baby” material! It’s become one of my favorite musicals!! (Shout out to Eugene!!) Every woman says, “I Want it All!!” J


 


A bit random - Okay I was watching GMA today and heard Nick Lachey sing his song from his new album! And I really felt bad for him! I’m not sure what all happened with him and Jessica and it’s really none of my business anyway…nor is it anyone else’s. L But, I remembered all of the hoopla when they first got together….back in the day when Jess was opening for 98 degrees. I always wondered how that works. Two people in a business like that trying to make a go of their massive careers and trying to create a healthy marriage. (I probably only thought about it because of the sermon series our pastor is doing at our church with the cool title, “Desperate Households.”) J I’m obviously not anywhere close to their caliber of notoriety, but even with my limited involvement in “the business,” I see that if you don’t have a health attitude about “the business” it would be hard not to get “caught up” in the “idea” of the person and not the person themselves. If what I understand to have happened, happened; as soon as one (not naming which) got a taste of excess “attention” from other people in the “biz,” they couldn’t handle the pressure of being true to the “famous” one that they chose to be with first! How sad! And how horrible to have experienced all of that in the fish bowl of the media! They definitely are not the first and will definitely not be the last. This is a very girly statement, but I think someone should be attracted to a person’s heart and who they are on the inside. The outside changes and the roller-coasters of the music/acting biz are NOT glamorous! I see so many unhappy people…who by all means should be VERY happy! But I guess that filters over to other careers as well. I guess that’s why most in “the biz” choose to marry people in “the biz,” because they realize that they don’t wake up looking (or acting like) like they do in the movie or music video that they were in! I hate it for Nick & Jess, but it seems to have worked out for Paul Newman and Joann Woodward….so my mother keeps telling me!! J (But do you remember mom that he was married to someone else when he “fell” for Joann during the filming of “Long, Hot Summer?!” Hmmmmm……I watched the biography….)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy