Drifting...

Okay, a word about my song Drifting. In response to the Podcast issue, I wrote a smooth jazz song, had Chris arrange it and put it on the PMN. Well, Bill heard it, really liked it, and wanted to start another album with some original music. (Eek! No pressure!) Well, with Chris and I having day music jobs, it may take awhile…such is life. But, I did want to go ahead and blog about it because I’ve been getting a pretty good response from the PMN! (Shout out to Adam Curry, C.C., the PMC Top Ten, The Big Show with Aaron Bates, and all you guys playing the tune!) It’s so surreal!! Also, blogging gives the platform to share like this…


 


The inspiration for the song? That’s easy, heartache. We’ve all had it and it’s usually difficult to put in words or song. I tried…and here are the words:


 


Drifting


Words/music Karmyn Tyler (BMI)


Arrangement Chris Meeks (ASCAP)


© 2005


 


The rain trickles down the corners of my mind


Heaven was not so distant a find


Your sweet melody


Playing close to me


Is gone


Now all I have in me


Are all those memories


of song


 


Drifting far away from you


Drifting, what am I supposed to do


My heart is still entwined


Oh yes, my love was blind


But now I realize


We’re through


 


Clouds roll in my mind so mistily


You said you would remain close to me


We said our last goodbyes


With tears in my eyes


No more


It can’t be a mistake


Oh how my heart does break


Non amour


 


Click here to hear a clip.
Or…visit the PMC (Podmusic Music Countdown) for October 29th! Drifting is #8 on the countdown. (Wow! Thank you Podcasters!!) My last name’s spelled wrong…but who cares!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy