C.C. Chapman's U-Turn Cafe-Holiday Show!

Well, writing a Christmas holiday song has got to be listed as one of the toughest things to do.  I wanted to write a song…like a carol…that you could hear Bing Crosby or Rosemary Clooney sing. I toiled and toiled over every detail. I think I honestly irritated my mom. She’s a pianist and knows how much of a perfectionist I am and probably got sick of my melody, chord and lyric variations. She’s my mother, but also my second worst critic. I had to let it sit for days at a time while I “stepped away” and worked on non-holiday songs.


 


Well, last weekend, Chris heard it, put in the “Chris factor” and that was it! I guess one thing that made me really happy is that Chris really liked it…and he’s a HARD man to please musically. We drove around in the car to hear the levels from a typical car stereo and he commented on how he honestly liked the song. (PTL!!)


 


Now, to C.C. and the U-Turn Café. C.C. was the first podcaster to play the song and he is AWESOME.  Not only that, I am so honored to be on the #5 show because the other people on the cast are F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!  Matthew Ebel, Chaz, and Allison Crowe…WOW! They rock! So, even if you don’t like my song, please listen to the podcast for the other artists. THEY ROCK vocally and musically!!! I am truly honored and humbled!!!


 


Here’s a link to the U-Turn Cafe. It's podcst show #5:


http://u-turncafe.podshow.com/


 


Be blessed and safe on your return travels home!


 


Oh and C.C., my eyes change colors with what I wear…so sometimes they are blue and sometimes they are green! (Ya have to listen to the podcast to get it...)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy