Kill the ZIT!

Kill the ZitOh zits! They plague many of us as teenagers and unfortunately can reappear in our 20’s, 30’s and beyond! I remember as a teen looking at one of my zits and thinking- “I just want it KILL it!” (The bacterial – that is – that created the monstrosity!)

My parents took me to the dermatologist where I was put on a steroid drug called Accutane. It was a miracle drug with terrible side effects. Dryness that sucked the life out of you so bad it made your lips bleed, a predisposition to suicidal depression and a -by law- mandate to be on birth control because it deformed a fetus. It was (and still is) pretty bad.

Of course, we didn’t know that then. It was a ‘quick fix’ to gorgeous skin.

Well, I’ve learned a lot since then. In my 20’s I started researching herbs and essential oils as a means to find something natural. Today, I still research, but certain remedies I found I have continued to use and this is one of them!

Here are some raw facts of these 3 ingredients pertaining to the skin:

Coconut Oil:
– It is a proven, safe moisturizer for dry/ sensitive skin. (1)
– It is an effective sunscreen, blocking out 20% of ultraviolet radiation. (2)
– The Lauric Acid (the fatty acid in coconut oil) is a proven antimicrobial and kills bacterial. (3, 4)

Lemon Essential Oil:
– It devolves sebum and may help reduce the amount of sebum in your skin. (5)
– It is a proven antibacterial and antifungal. (5, 6)

Tea Tree Essential Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia):
- A proven anti-inflammatory. (7)

– A proven antibacterial. (8)
– Proven to kill bacteria associated with acne. (Propionibacterium acnes 9, 10)

Together, these oils make for a VERY potent serum to fight off evil zits! So stop the war of acne on your body! Don’t Pop – STOP! And KILL THE ZIT!

Disclaimer: I recommend that you skin test on your forearm for any allergies. 

Karmyn Tyler, Young Living Essential Oil distributor. Contact me to become a distributor!

 

 

 




via WordPress http://bit.ly/1F6gOs9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy