How to buy prescription glasses online!

So, you want to save money, or you just don't have time to go pick out frames or perhaps, you just want to have more frames at your disposal.

What ever the reason, you just want to try to buy some prescription glasses online.

Well, it's easy!

My eye doctor was more than skeptical. In fact, he said sternly, "Do NOT order frames online. They don't know what they're doing."

Which, of course made me want to try even more.

So I went to 39dollarglasses.com. I've been wanting to try the hipster frames, so I though...hmm...why not. I found my oversized hipster frames, but before I ordered, I did as my eye care professional said and went to a eye glass store: in COSTCO. As I was ordering in the store, I noticed that the assistant measured my PD. I had no idea what that stood for, so I asked.

Digital PD meter
Pupil distance.

Oh, I thought! I noticed that was on the order form on 39dollarglasses.com. So, when I got home, I ordered my glasses - PD and all. In about 7 days, before my COSTCO lenses came in, I received my order.

Perfect? Not quite.

I felt like the prescription was all wrong. I double checked and even called and everything checked out.

When my COSTCO glasses came in, I had to wear my 39dollarglasses to the store and between you and me, thank the Lord I used the Metro. There was NO way I could have driven.

When I put on my new Guess glasses from COSTCO they were perfect! I could see and I didn't feel like I was looking through the bottom of a wavy glass.

What happened?

The glasses at COSTCO were very similar to my old pair that had worn out. Very small frames. I remembered that my eye doctor in my hometown told me to always get frames that are smaller because you will see better.

Hmmmm....so I called 39dollarglasses.com and explained my situation. The customer service rep was fantastic! She said that was a common problem. Luckily I was within the trial period and I picked another pair - different color though- of small frames.

When they arrived.....PERFECTION! I love them MUCH more than my high (but lower because of COSTCO) priced glasses!

So, when you purchase prescription eye glasses online:
1. Make sure you get the Pupil Distance. (Find out which eye is which...because you will need to know!)
2. Match the frame size that you are most used to wearing. You'll end up with a less wonky-world view.

So go ahead and defy your eye doctor and DO IT! Buy prescription glasses online!

*One side note, use (or borrow) a hair dryer to heat up the area where the frames go around your ear and carefully bend it to fit your head better. They actually tell you in the info that comes with the glasses, but I didn't read it. The nice lady at COSTCO did it for me for free!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy