Effective Facial Scrub found in your Kitchen Cupboard

2011_07_07_Awash with sea salt…AND without making a mess! It’s Sea Salt!

I’m all for “easy” on a day-to-day basis. My schedule doesn’t allow me to spend 10 to 15 minutes with a mixing bowl making a facial scrub each day…then clean it up afterward.)

So here’s what I do:

1) I grab my cleanser. (Since I have acne prone/sensitive skin, I use Avon’s Clearskin Blackhead Eliminating Daily Cleanser that I’ve put in a pump. It didn’t come in a pump. I got one at the beauty store.)

2) I grab my bottle of Sea Salt. (I use Morton’s Coarse Kosher Sea Salt - NOT table salt – that I’ve put in a travel bottle for easy access.)

3) I wet my face a little.

4) I pump out my cleanser, in one hand, shake a good amount of Sea Salt on it and rub my hands together.

5) I massage the mix all over my face and neck for about 60 seconds.

6) Then I rinse.

My skin does get a little red, because the sea salt is course enough to slough off dead skin, cleanse and detoxify the skin. So, I follow up with my favorite oil, Kukui Nut Oil, and the redness disappears.

If you have a cleanser that works for you, USE IT! SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Do I have a different scrub? Yes, once a week I use a Glycolic Acid scrub. The only one I have found that does not break my face out is Nude’s Miracle Mask. It’s a scrub and mask in one! It’s AMAZING! Again, afterward I follow up with my Kukui Nut Oil.

Make a facial scrub with sea salt in organic honey, organic vinegar, avocado, evaporated milk or simply use your own cleanser and save time, money and the mess.

I’d love to know what you use!

Resources:

Livestrong
WebMD
and my Mother the Massage Therapist. :)

Enhanced by Zemanta



via WordPress http://karmyntyler.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/effective-facial-scrub-found-in-your-kitchen-cupboard/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy