The Day I saw Rafa Nadal Play Tennis!

If you keep up with me on my social network feeds, you’ll know that yesterday my husband gave me the BEST one year anniversary present I could have asked for! A day at the US Open to see my favorite player Rafael Nadal!

And what a day it was! He snagged court side seats right where the players emerge to play with a perfect angle to view the match.
My husband, Chris, always laughs and says that one reason all us women go crazy for Nadal is that he reminds us of Atreyu from The Neverending Story. And as much as I hate to admit it…he’s probably right.
So there we are with these FANTASTIC court side tickets where the players were practically touchable. Instead of rooting for Rafa, like me, Chris decides he’s going to root for the underdog, Philipp Kohlschreiber. He figures Rafa has plenty of support anyway, so why not. I said, “Whatever honey!!” (With a snicker!)
Anyone who knows my husband knows his laugh! He has an AWESOME, hardy…telling laugh.
It’s the first set and Nadal attempts a play that should guarantee a win. The play backfired and Kohlschreiber answered back triumphantly and stunned the entire crowd. At that moment of silence is when my husband’s laugh was heard ’round the stadium. (I’m NOT over-exaggerating!) It was a laugh that had the distinct tone of…”Well, well, well, ya thought you had that one in the bag, but OH Ho-Ho-Ho NOOOO!”
Nadal whipped his head around and looked STRAIGHT at Chris!!!
My mouth dropped open and Chris looked at me like, “Oops!” I lowered my head and started to silently laugh! I was worried it was gonna be ME not able to control my emotions and yell out something too loud. Nope, it was my husband!!
Chris started laughing too…a little “tail between his legs” silent laugh.
Then Nadal proceeded to lose that set. 6(4)-7(7).
Well, I continued to yell for Rafa. I even got a little more physical with my cheers letting him (Rafa) know not to hold my husband’s heckling laugh against me!
When it was all over, we were both overwhelmed with the amazing athletic performance of these two men! It was AWESOME to experience!! As Kohlschreiber left the stadium, I quickly thought to grab Chris’s white baseball cap for him to sign and he did.
Strangely enough when Nadal came by, he looked up at Chris and passed on signing the cap.
Ah, well, I don’t blame him…Nadal OR my husband! (giggle!)
Image



via WordPress http://karmyntyler.wordpress.com/2013/09/03/the-day-i-saw-rafa-nadal-play-tennis/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling London.....

My Daddy